Merge tag 'iio-fixes-for-4.14a' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jic23/iio into staging-linus
First round of IIO fixes for the 4.14 cycle
Note this includes fixes from recent merge window. As such the tree
is based on top of a prior staging/staging-next tree.
* iio core
- return and error for a failed read_reg debugfs call rather than
eating the error.
- Use the dedicated reset function in the ad_sigma_delta library
instead of an spi transfer with the data on the stack which
could cause problems with DMA.
- Implement a dedicate reset function in the ad_sigma_delta library
and use it to correctly reset this part.
- ctrl_reg write must occur after any register writes
for updates to take effect.
- negative voltage readout was broken.
- Fix an oops on module unload due to spi_set_drvdata not being called
- Fix the data ready line configuration for the lis3mdl. It is not
configurable so the st_magn core was assuming it didn't exist
and so wasn't consuming interrupts resulting in an unhandled
- off by one error on max channels checking.
- preset should not be buffered - reorganising register writes avoids
- fix a corner case in which write preset goes wrong when a timer is
used first as a trigger then as a counter with preset. Odd case but
you never know.
- Fix setting of comparator polarity by fixing bitfield definition.
- Error path handling fix to cleanup in event of regulator
- Disable the vusb3v1 regulator correctly in error handling
- Don't paper over a regulator enable failure.